Saturday, February 11, 2017

My German Shepherds!

I have two german shepherds, Autumn and Thunder. They are both purebreds from New Jersey and come from a family line of show dogs. 

Autumn is the older sister. She is a beautiful, 4-year-old shepherd. Her favorite toy is a tennis ball, and she loves swimming in the pool during the summer.

Thunder, the puppy is a cute, 1-year-old, black and tan, long haired shepherd. She is a great listener and loves to cuddle.

 Both dogs love to play outside, go on long walks, and spend quality time with each other and their family! 

Thunder as a puppy!
Autumn as a puppy!


This summer my family and I have booked a vacation Upstate, NY on a large property where the dogs can run freely, play and exercise. We are all very excited for the trip








Vocabulary:
1. Purebred: (adjective) animals having parents of the same breeds.
2. Puppy: (noun) a young dog.
3. Quality: (adjective) very good or excellent.
4. Property: (noun) a piece of land often that is owned by a person, business, etc.
5. Exercise: (verb) a physical activity that is done to become healthier and stronger.
6. Trip: (noun) a journey to a place.

Vocabulary Exercise:
Directions: Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary term to complete sentence.
Example: My grandpa went on a fishing TRIP with his friends.

1. It is important to ________ and eat well every day to stay healthy!
2. My friends and I are taking a ________ to Florida during winter break. 
3. My ________ is playing with her new toys.
4. I have two ________ german shepherds named Autumn and Thunder. 
5. My best friend just bought ________ for his shoe store. 
6. This restaurant has ________ food, I love it!

Grammar Point:

Adjectives are often called 'describing words' because they provide information about the qualities of something described in a noun, a noun phrase or a noun clause.

Adjectives are related to nouns or verbs.
For example: beautiful/beauty (noun) or talkative/talk (verb)

Adjectives must be in the following order...
-Numbers (two, several)
-Opinion (pretty, cute)
-Size (big, small)
-Age (mature)
-Color (red, purple)
-Origin (American, United States)
-Material (wooden, cotton)
-Purpose (sleeping, sun)

Grammar Exercise:
Directions- Write three sentences using at least 6/8 adjectives in the correct order. 
Example: Autumn and Thunder love their several fun medium new round yellow rubber tennis balls while playing outside. *This example uses 7/8 adjectives in order*
Breakdown of the sentence:
-Numbers: SEVERAL
-Opinion: FUN
-Size: MEDIUM
-Age: NEW
-Color: YELLOW
-Origin: XXXXXX                                     
-Material: RUBBER
-Purpose: PLAYING OUTSIDE


1. _________________________________________________.
2. _________________________________________________.
3. _________________________________________________.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your German shepherds, one of my favorite types of dogs. They are so cute. I also really like your grammar point about the order of adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful web journal. I appreciated perusing your articles. This is really an awesome read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am anticipating perusing new articles. Keep doing awesome! their explanation about Mastiffs

    ReplyDelete