Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Passion

Teaching has always been my passion since I was a little girl in elementary school. I would take the teachers paper out of the recycling bin to take home and teach my imaginative students and convince my classmates during indoor recess to be my students. In high school, I took child development as an elective, which allowed me to volunteer for 40 minutes a day at a local kindergarten center. After getting such great hands on experience I knew that teaching is something I was made for. Currently, I am a full-time junior at Molloy College studying Elementary Education (1-6) with a history concentration and TESOL, also known as Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. In May of 2019, I will graduate with my master's degree in those areas. Teaching is something I have always been passionate about, and I look forward to being a teacher in the near future.

Vocabulary:
1. Passion: (noun) a strong feeling of excitement for something or about doing something.
2. Recycling: (verb) to make something new from something that has been used before.
3. Imaginative: (adjective) having or showing an ability to think of new and interesting ideas.
4. Recess: (noun) a short period of time during the school day when children can play.
5. Elective: (noun) a class that is not required, but rather an option.
6. Experience: (noun) the process of doing and seeing things and of having things happen to you.
7. Teaching: (noun) the job or profession of a teacher.
8. Masters degree: (noun) a degree that is given by a college or university to a student following a bachelor's degree. 

Vocabulary Exercise:
Directions- Write 6 complete sentences using the vocabulary terms from above.

1. _________________________________________________________

2. _________________________________________________________

3. _________________________________________________________

4. _________________________________________________________

5.  _________________________________________________________

6.  _________________________________________________________

Grammar Point:
Singular noun- names one person, place, thing, or idea. 
Plural nouns- names more than one person, place, thing, or idea.

Grammar Activity:
Directions- Identify if the following sentences are singular or plural nouns.

1. I am taking many electives this year.                              _______________
2. I volunteer at the kindergarten center in my town.          _______________
3. My cousin recycles everyday.                                          _______________

1 comment:

  1. It was great to read about your calling to be a teacher. I am sure that you will be great. Nice entry!

    ReplyDelete